Class actions expose companies to exceptional risk. Class sizes range from the hundreds to millions of claimants. While the amount of claimed damages per plaintiff may be relatively low, the aggregate of those claims can add up to a potential exposure of hundreds of millions of dollars. It is critical to retain experienced class action counsel to defend the company's interests from the moment a class action is threatened or filed.
Experienced and Effective Defense
Ansa Assuncao attorneys have extensive experience defending companies in all phases of class action litigation in courts throughout the United States. We do not take the "cookie cutter" approach to the defense of these cases that others often do. We approach each case on its own terms, adopting a strategy that begins with a deep understanding of our client's business. To that we contribute innovation and creativity to reach the result that is right for the client. We work closely with our clients to establish goals and keep costs contained. Our record of successes includes 1) securing voluntary dismissals of actions before responsive pleadings were required; 2) securing dismissals of plaintiffs' claims at the initial motion stage; 3) defeating class certification; and, 4) reversal of class certification on interlocutory appeal. When settlement of the class action is the right strategy, our attorneys have the experience to negotiate favorable settlements and secure preliminary and final court approval.
- Lead trial counsel for a global electronics manufacturer in several putative national consumer class actions related to its high definition televisions.
- Lead trial counsel for a leading international plumbing fixture fitting manufacturer in a putative consumer class action related to certain tub and shower valves.
- Lead trial counsel for billing aggregator in a putative class action alleging the aggregator placed unauthorized, misleading, or deceptive charges (also known as "cramming") on telephone bills.
- Lead trial counsel for a global manufacturer of microwave ovens in a putative national consumer class action.
- Trial counsel for a securities trading company, securities brokers and an attorney in a putative class action lawsuit alleging fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and violations of NJRICO.
- Trial counsel for global manufacturer of office equipment in two putative national class actions involving its laser printers.
- Trial counsel for international manufacturer of water heaters in a putative national class action lawsuit in Texas involving an alleged $1 billion in damages.
- Lead coordinating counsel representation of a manufacturer of water heaters in eight consumer class action lawsuits brought in Alabama, California, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan (two cases), Missouri, and Tennessee.
- Lead trial counsel for manufacturer and distributor in litigation including series of class action lawsuits for loss of business, environmental damages and toxic tort claims resulting from a catastrophic fire at a manufacturing and storage facility.
For Your Needs Nationwide: Class Action Defense Attorneys in Tampa, East Brunswick, New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore
With five offices in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida, and access to local counsel nationwide, we have the experience and resources to defend your company in a class action filed anywhere in the U.S.
For more information, please E-mail or call 800-684-9338.