Construction claims are highly specialized. Typically involving various areas of substantive expertise, from architectural design to envelope engineering, and high-dollar exposure, it is critical to have an experienced legal team on your side to not only investigate and litigate your case, but also to try the case to a jury when necessary.
Trial Counsel—Construction Litigation
Armed with their trial experience and substantive knowledge of construction matters, Ansa Assuncao attorneys have successfully represented clients in dealing with an array of sophisticated construction-related claims, including disputes with general contractors, subcontractors, owners or others related to timely or sufficient completion of a project, as well as construction-related bodily injury and death cases. We also advise our clients concerning their business operations and planning. Some of the construction defect and delay disputes we have handled include the following:
- Representation of home builder in Chinese-made drywall claims, both as a defendant against the claims asserted by a homeowner and as a plaintiff in claims on behalf of the home builder against the installer, supplier, importer and manufacturer of the drywall.
- Representation of material supplier in condominium warranty and sound transmission litigation.
- Representation of international manufacturer of plumbing fittings against claims of dezincification of brass products.
- Representation of steel manufacturer in various construction-related disputes with contractors, subcontractors, and property owners.
- Lead counsel in a putative consumer class action asserting strict liability, breach of warranty, and negligence claims related to certain tub and shower valves. The plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed their claims with prejudice in response to defendants' opposition to class certification and cross motion to strike plaintiffs' experts.
- Representation of developers in claims involving condominium developments and unit purchase agreements.
- Representation of construction product manufacturer in claims ranging from alleged pipe freeze-ups due to inadequate insulation to moisture claims resulting from improper installation of fascia, stone facade, flashing, and EIFS.
- Representation of building component manufacturers in alleged product defect claims.
- Representation of home builder in construction delay claims.
- Representation of subcontractor in dispute involving alleged delays and defective workmanship in large project at theme park.
- Representation of elevator company in disputes with property owners and contractors.
- Representation of developers in claims for negligence and mold exposure injuries.
- Representation of nationwide developer of apartment communities in a claim brought by an investment company that acquired one of the apartment communities after it had been constructed. The purchaser made claims for fraud, breach of contract, and violation of building codes, among others.
- Representation of home builder in resolving and litigating disputes with home buyers, contractors and material suppliers.
Construction Attorneys in Tampa, East Brunswick, New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore
With five offices in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida, and access to local counsel nationwide, we can handle your business issues in an immediate and consistent manner throughout the U.S.
For more information, E-mail or call 800-684-9338.