Franchise Litigation Counsel
Our lawyers offer experienced counsel to business clients in disputes with individuals and other businesses, including both sides of franchise matters. Our experience involving business and franchise litigation often includes statutory claims such as:
- Representation of franchisors in litigation with franchisees, including claims for breach of contract, alleged violation of franchise disclosure laws, and related tort and other statutory claims
- Representation of national sandwich shop franchisor in various disputes with its franchisees
- Representation of national hotel chain in various disputes with its franchisees
- Representation of a national income tax return preparation franchisor in claims against former franchisees, and actors in concert with the former franchisees, for breach of contract, trademark violation, and unfair competition, resulting in judgments for monetary damages and permanent injunctive relief.
At Ansa Assuncao LLP, you will find lawyers who understand the dynamics of the franchisor-franchisee relationship. We get to know the nature of your franchise or franchise system, your competitors and your future business plans. Our firm's understanding of both sides of the franchising dynamic has proven invaluable to both franchisors and franchisees, as we can see and argue from both sides of the fence regarding:
- Misleading initial investment costs
- Competition by franchisor (by alternative means)
- Failure to train/support
- Modification of the system
- Advertising fund manipulation
- System standards
Ansa Assuncao LLP offers alternative fee structures to fit our business clients' needs, including contingency fees for business litigation cases involving claims in excess of $1 million.
Franchise Attorneys in Tampa, East Brunswick, New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore
With five offices in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida, and access to local counsel nationwide, we can handle your business issues in an immediate and consistent manner throughout the U.S.
For more information, e-mail or call 800-684-9338.