Trial Counsel—Intellectual Property Litigation
Intellectual property rights are oftentimes an organization's most valuable assets. These assets include trademarks, trade names, servicemarks, trade dress, copyrights, patents, and trade secrets.
Selecting experienced and capable trial counsel is critical when your company's intellectual property rights are threatened, or when your company is on the receiving end of legal action claiming misuse of another's intellectual property.
Many intellectual property lawsuits start with intense litigation efforts aimed at obtaining injunctive relief in the form of a temporary restraining order or a preliminary injunction. These proceedings are critical to the overall case because they set the stage for negotiations that frequently resolve the matter. Winning at the early stages gives a party valuable leverage. Further, legal and factual assertions made during injunction practice generally become binding on the party who makes the assertions. When faced with an intellectual property dispute, retaining experienced trial counsel early in the process is critical.
Ansa Assuncao attorneys advise and represent clients in the important field of protecting intellectual property. Our lawyers act for clients to preserve their names and know-how across the gamut of legal disciplines that touch on this area: copyright, trademark, and trade secrets.
We have associated ourselves with patent counsel, marrying our litigation savvy and experience with patent counsel's specialized knowledge of the patent law. Ultimately, our success depends upon our ability to translate the facts and law so that the judge and jury understand our case. That is the hallmark of a successful trial lawyer, and we apply those skills in IP as in all the areas in which we advance the interests of our clients.
We have experience with a wide range of intellectual property cases, including the following:
- Enforcement of trademark, trade dress and copyright claims in the context of franchise litigation.
- Prosecution of trade secret action on behalf of manufacturer of surgical blades.
- Defense of trade secret action involving the alleged theft of customer lists and tortious interference with prospective business relationships.
- Prosecution of patent and copyright infringement action for alleged misappropriation of tire tread pattern designs.
- Prosecution of copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation claims in federal court in Philadelphia on behalf of a major insurance broker in connection with plain language insurance coverage endorsements.
- Dismissal of declaratory judgment action in federal court in Pennsylvania and prosecution of trademark claim in state court on behalf of a local bank in south central Pennsylvania against a major bank entering the Commonwealth.
- Successfully negotiating resolution of a trademark dispute between a Maryland health insurer and a national multi-line insurance company.
- Associating with patent counsel in a multi-fora battle over claimed infringement of geogrid product and process patents with an ITC hearing and federal trial.
Ansa Assuncao LLP offers alternative fee structures to fit our business clients' needs, including contingency fees for business litigation cases involving claims in excess of $1 million.
Intellectual Property Litigation Counsel in Tampa, East Brunswick, New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore
With five offices in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida, and access to local counsel nationwide, we can handle your business issues in an immediate and consistent manner throughout the U.S.
For more information, please E-mail or call 800-684-9338.