We mediate and try workplace disputes throughout the country, including claims of discrimination based on age, race, religion, national origin and gender, as well as allegations of sexual harassment, defamation, breach of non-competition agreements and wrongful discharge. We work with our clients throughout the governmental investigative process and through the course of litigation.
National Boutique Litigation Law Firm
Ansa Assuncao attorneys have substantial experience handling a vast array of employment issues, from claims of discrimination and wrongful termination, to restrictive covenant and trade secret claims. This experience includes:
- Defending employers (including Fortune 100 pharmaceutical and chemical companies) in employment-related disputes, including claims of sexual harassment; discrimination based on age, race, gender, disability, religion, and national origin; retaliation; wrongful discharge; and defamation. Ansa Assuncao attorneys have tried such cases to verdict.
- Providing personnel management counseling and employment law advice to employers, as well as compliance training to employers with regard to various state and federal laws governing employment.
- Coordinating the defense of a nationwide collective action brought under federal and state statutes, sounding in allegations of unpaid overtime.
- Drafting agreements, including employment agreements, separation agreements, and confidentiality and/or non-compete agreements.
- Enforcing noncompetition and confidentiality agreements against former employees of our clients.
- Assisting corporate client in parallel federal and state investigations and prosecutions of two former employees charged with a number of crimes, including: firearm violations, home invasions, carjackings, and a videotaped sexual assault of a minor. These incidents and the trial garnered media attention. The client also retained us to protect the company from civil liability related to the former employees' criminal activities.
- Defending a corporate client against allegations of sexual harassment, assault by infliction of bodily injury, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of bodily injury and/or emotional distress, and liability under theories of respondeat superior and negligent hiring, supervision, and/or training of our corporate client's employee.
- Defending an insurance company and its parent corporation against whistleblower and wrongful termination claims brought by former employees.
- Successful defense of a Fortune 100 package delivery and logistic company in a civil lawsuit involving allegations that our client's employee sexually assaulted a disabled middle-aged woman after gaining access to her apartment while delivering a package. The plaintiff alleged that the company was negligent in the retention and supervision of the employee, based upon reports that the employee had engaged in assaultive and harassing behavior prior to the subject incident. We obtained summary dismissal at the trial court level and preserved the favorable ruling through successive appeals to the state's highest court.
- Successful defense of a distribution company in a civil suit involving allegations that our client's employee violently assaulted a customer over a disputed delivery order. We obtained summary judgment and dismissal of the case at the appellate level.
- Successful defense of a corporate client in a civil lawsuit in which the plaintiff alleged that the company's employee gained access to her apartment under the pretext of legitimate company business and then beat, robbed, and shot her. This case also garnered substantial media attention and a criminal investigation. We obtained dismissal of the plaintiff's complaint.
Employment Defense Attorneys in Tampa, East Brunswick, New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore
With five offices in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida, and access to local counsel nationwide, we can handle your business issues in an immediate and consistent manner throughout the U.S.
For assistance with defending against an employment claim or enforcing a noncompetition agreement, E-mail or call 800-684-9338.