Providing Consistent, Expansive and Efficient Day to Day General Counsel
In today's litigious and extensively regulated environment, health care businesses and providers of all sizes are faced with a variety of legal issues on a regular basis; however, for many having a traditional in-house attorney is not a practical and efficient use of their resources. We understand this and provide general advisory services to several of our health care business and provider clients providing them with all the benefits of having a consistent legal presence and "quarterback" via a cost effective flat rate monthly retainer.
Our health care general advisory services include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzing reporting guidelines relevant to adverse incidents, records requests, claims and lawsuits and providing recommendations as to helpful modifications to increase efficiency and reduce the exposure to entities and/or individuals uninvolved with day-to-day care.
- Analyzing outside provider contracts for insurance and indemnity related issues.
- Analyzing lease agreements and provide recommendations as to any modifications to ensure the terms are as fair as possible to our client.
- Analyzing current employee guidelines/and or handbook relevant to common employment issues such as overtime, termination and employee communications and providing recommendations as to helpful language modifications and oversight as to implementation.
- Analyzing policies and procedures relevant to common general/professional liability issues and providing recommendations as to helpful language modifications and oversight as to implementation.
- Correspond with legal counsel or unrepresented parties asserting informal pre-litigation claims.
- Provide legal oversight and management of outside counsels' handling of active litigation inventory, including: 1) peer review as to the strengths and weaknesses of the defenses to the claims asserted and reasonable indemnity value range; 2) coordination of litigation related activity pre-trial or arbitration; 3) mediation presence and/or recommendations on strategy; and 4) auditing outside legal spend in relation to the nature of claims asserted and jurisdiction.
- Provide guidance and input into liability related due diligence concerning potential and/or existing planned facility mergers or acquisitions.
Health Care Law Attorneys in Tampa, East Brunswick, New York, Philadelphia, and Baltimore
Some specific examples of experience with health care general advisory services include the following:
- Assistant General counsel for a national long term care company managing the development and implementation of new resident arbitration program, employment, contract and commercial disputes, as well as the due diligence related to a private equity acquisition.
- General legal oversight and advisory counsel to a national diabetes care oriented business and professional association of diabetes treating providers.
- General legal oversight and advisory counsel to a regional optometry business made up of over twenty five (25) clinics.
- General legal oversight and advisory counsel to a start-up long term care management consulting services company.
With five offices in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida, and access to local counsel nationwide, we can handle your health care law issues in an immediate and consistent manner throughout the U.S.