John is a trial lawyer with a diverse national practice. He represents Fortune 50 and international companies in transportation, catastrophic tort, products liability, commercial, mass tort and other complex litigation in state and federal courts across the country. John has successfully handled matters on behalf of clients in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
John has also served as a guest lecturer at Villanova University School of Law and as a speaker and faculty member at multiple legal seminars and symposiums. He further has been published on legal matters. John holds an AV Preeminent Rating.
Education and Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
J.D., Villanova University School of Law (1998)
B.S., Boston University (1995), magna cum laude
- Successfully tried to verdict numerous high-exposure tort cases in state and federal courts across the country on behalf of world's largest package delivery company.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of the world's largest package delivery company in New Jersey federal court. The jury trial involved a wrongful death claim on behalf of a 29 year old woman and negligent infliction of emotional distress claim on behalf of her mother. The plaintiffs requested several million dollars in damages. At the conclusion of trial, the jury returned with a complete defense verdict.
- Successfully defended global logistics company in multi-million dollar exposure tort cases in state and federal courts across the country.
- Successfully represented the world's largest full-service restaurant company in commercial lease and tort matters.
- Successfully represented the largest manufacturer of greeting cards in the United States, and its subsidiary, in premise liability matters.
- Successfully represented one of the largest manufacturers of elevators and escalators in products liability matters.
- Successfully defended multinational chemical, life science and biotechnology company in mass-tort litigation.
DLA Piper, LLP (2002-2008)