Malena joined Ansa Assuncao in 2011 after summering with the firm in 2010. Malena has a diverse civil practice that is nationwide in scope and includes the defense of personal injury claims as well as product liability, insurance, and employment disputes. Her representative clients include transportation, restaurant, manufacturing, elevator, and escalator companies for whom she defends wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, and property damage claims.
Prior to joining Ansa Assuncao, Malena earned her Juris Doctor degree from Penn State Dickinson School of Law. While at Dickinson, Malena was a Comments Editor for the Penn State Law Review and a recipient of Penn State Dickinson’s Alumni Scholarship Endowment Fund.
Malena has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2017 through 2019, an honor received by only 2.5 percent of Pennsylvania lawyers annually. She is a member of the Defense Research Institute.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Admitted pro hac vice in numerous jurisdictions across the country
J.D., Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University (2011)
B.A., Salisbury University (2008), magna cum laude
• Judicial Intern for The Honorable Thomas I. Vanaskie, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Scranton, PA
• Judicial Intern for The Honorable Pamela A. Ruest, The Centre County Court of Common Pleas
• Member of defense team to try a case to a defense verdict for a Fortune 100 client in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
• Obtained numerous arbitration defense verdicts on behalf of leading paratransit company in Philadelphia’s compulsory arbitration program.
• Obtained summary judgment in a declaratory judgment action for a leading, international business insurer regarding an insurance coverage and bad faith claim in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
• 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star
• 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star
• 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star
• Achieved highest score in 2009 write-on competition for the Penn State Law Review
• CALI Award recipient for Highest Grade in Legal Analysis, Research & Writing II, Dickinson School of Law
• Recipient of the Alumni Scholarship Endowment Fund