Stefanie represents companies and individuals in civil litigation involving diverse areas of the law, including commercial and financing disputes, contracts, insurance coverage, transportation, real estate, land use and zoning. Stefanie handles litigation matters through all phases of civil litigation in state and federal courts. Stefanie has won cases through dispositive motions and on appeal, including appeals to the New York State Court of Appeals.
Education and Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
J.D., Pace University School of Law (2000), cum laude
B.A., Iona College (1995), summa cum laude
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing a malicious prosecution case against an employer by a former employee. Affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully argued an appeal of a bench trial decision before the New York State Appellate Division on behalf of a municipality in a tax certiorari case. Judgment reversed, petitions denied and proceedings dismissed.
- Successfully reversed on appeal the trial court’s denial of summary judgment to a vertical transportation company for a negligence claim involving an alleged strike on the head by an elevator gate.
- Successfully reversed on appeal the trial court’s denial of a motion to dismiss a punitive damages claim related to an automobile accident.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing a negligence case against a vertical transportation company involving an alleged fall on an escalator. Affirmed on appeal.
DelBello Donnellan Weingarten Wise & Wiederkehr, LLP (2008-2010)
Thacher Proffitt & Wood LLP (2003-2008)
Collier, Halpern, Newberg & Nolletti, LLP (2000-2003)