Ryan Corkery is a litigator, trial lawyer, and business advisor who brings responsiveness, creativity, efficiency, and acumen to corporate clients. He solves problems with experience and execution. He has years of diversified experience leading client service teams.
During his career, Mr. Corkery has represented corporate clients in 27 states, tried cases, obtained defense verdicts, obtained dismissal of cases on summary judgment in federal court, and argued successfully before appellate courts, including the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the South Carolina Court of Appeals. Mr. Corkery is appropriately aggressive yet pragmatic. He has opposed some of the leading plaintiff attorneys nationwide. He represents corporations and organizations in a wide range of business and litigation matters, including:
He couples this breadth of experience and deep understanding of his clients’ businesses and risks to draft contracts, including:
Mr. Corkery has worked with umbrella structures regarding investment/management LLC’s and asset purchase agreements, and advises institutional clients regarding legal compliance, risk management, insurance needs, internal protocol, indemnity, and electronic discovery. He has been a guest lecturer regarding electronic discovery. He has assisted clients regarding private equity firm acquisition negotiation.
Within the firm, Mr. Corkery is the Managing Partner and Hiring Partner of the Philadelphia headquarter office of Ansa Assuncao LLP. He is also the Chair of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group in Philadelphia and is a member of the firm’s COVID-19 Response Team. Mr. Corkery has been recognized by Super Lawyers every year since 2011, an honor received by only 2.5 percent of Pennsylvania lawyers annually.
Mr. Corkery serves as outside General Counsel to a Philadelphia-based LLC and is a member of the Center City Proprietors Association and the National Defense Research Institute. He has been within a team of attorneys who serve as National Core Counsel for an international transportation company in their highest exposure catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases for 15 years.
J.D., The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law
-The Woolsack Honor Society
B.S., Lehigh University
-Magna Cum Laude
-Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
-Phi Eta Sigma National Honorable Society
-Zeta Psi Good Scholar
-Order of Omega Honor Society
-Financial Management Association Honor Society
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle Distriction of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Hon. Yvette Kane (2004-2005), intern clerk
Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, Hon. Renee Cohn Jubelirer (2003-2004), intern clerk
National Trial Advocacy College, University of Virginia
• Tried a case to a defense verdict for a Fortune 100 client in Houston, Texas.
• Tried a personal injury claim to a defense verdict in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania for a large, international manufacturing conglomerate in a toxic tort exposure case.
• Obtained dismissal at the pleadings phase for a Fortune 100 client as lead trial counsel in a tort action in state court in South Carolina on the basis of federal preemption under the Federal Aviation Administration Authorization Act (“FAAAA”), then argued as lead appellate counsel on appeal, and won.
• Argued an appeal as lead appellate counsel before the Pennsylvania Superior Court for an international transportation company regarding a double wrongful death case.
• Obtained summary judgment in a declaratory judgment action for a leading, international business insurer regarding an insurance coverage and bad faith claim in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
• Obtained summary judgment for an international elevator and escalator manufacturer and servicer in a high exposure tort action in New Jersey.
• Successfully defended a Fortune 100 client by achieving insurance coverage and full indemnity for same in a breach of contract matter in state court in Virginia.
• Successfully defended a leading insurance company in a class action matter in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania concerning payments made pursuant to a Pennsylvania statute relating to services and goods provided in workers compensation cases.
• Successfully defended a manufacturer of products for the home improvement and new home construction markets in a large subrogation matter sounding in construction defect in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
• Pennsylvania SuperLawyer 2011 to present.
• Member of Defense Research Institute (DRI)
DLA Piper (2004-2008)