Ansa Assuncao attorneys have successfully represented clients in dealing with an array of sophisticated construction-related claims, including disputes with general contractors, subcontractors, owners or others related to timely or sufficient completion of a project, as well as construction-related bodily injury and death cases. We also advise our clients concerning their business operations and planning.
Some of the construction defect and delay disputes we have handled include the following:
- Lead trial counsel for a global vertical transportation company defending against construction delay claims asserted by a prime general contractor for the Boston, Massachusetts “Big Dig” public works project.
- Representation of home builder in Chinese-made drywall claims, both as a defendant against the claims asserted by a homeowner and as a plaintiff in claims on behalf of the home builder against the installer, supplier, importer and manufacturer of the drywall.
- Representation of material supplier in condominium warranty and sound transmission litigation.
- Representation of international manufacturer of plumbing fittings against claims of dezincification of brass products.
- Representation of steel manufacturer in various construction-related disputes with contractors, subcontractors and property owners.
- Lead counsel in a putative consumer class action asserting strict liability, breach of warranty and negligence claims related to certain tub and shower valves.
- Representation of construction product manufacturer in claims ranging from alleged pipe freeze-ups due to inadequate insulation to moisture claims resulting from improper installation of fascia, stone facade, flashing and EIFS.
- Representation of building component manufacturers in alleged product defect claims.
- Representation of home builder in construction delay claims.
- Representation of subcontractor in dispute involving alleged delays and defective workmanship in large project at theme park.
- Representation of a global vertical transportation company in disputes with property owners and contractors.
- Representation of developers in claims for negligence and mold exposure injuries.