Attorneys with trial experience handle real estate disputes differently than attorneys without that experience. When presented with a dispute involving real property, our attorneys evaluate the claim with an eye toward how the dispute will eventually appear to a judge or jury. Our trial experience benefits our clients not only in the courtroom, but also in the evaluation of governing documents before the dispute arises.
We can help developers wade through business challenges such as:
- Enforcement of governing documents within planned developments
- Declarative and restrictive covenants
- Real estate claims involving title issues
- Claims against adjoining property owners
- Construction litigation
- Other land use issues
- Foreclosures and lender liability
Some recent construction and real estate disputes we have handled include:
- Representation of home builder in resolving and litigating commercial disputes with home buyers, contractors and suppliers.
- Representation of material supplier in condominium warranty and sound transmission litigation.
- Representation of steel manufacturer in various construction-related disputes with contractors, subcontractors and property owners.
- Representation of developers in claims involving condominium developments and unit purchase agreements.
- Representation of a global vertical transportation company in disputes with property owners and contractors.
- Representation of developers in claims for negligence and mold exposure injuries.
- Representation of real estate developers in Florida regarding the enforceability of lot repurchase and other provisions in the governing declaration.
- Representation of nationwide developer of apartment communities in a claim brought by an investment company that acquired one of the apartment communities after it had been constructed. The purchaser made claims for fraud, breach of contract and violation of building codes, among others.
- Representation of luxury home builder in resolving and litigating disputes with home buyers, contractors and material suppliers.